For non-members of PayPal, please note that a new feature of PayPal allows you to pay by credit card without actually joining PayPal.
(Please click here if you prefer to order using a money order, cashier's check or personal check).
Splitter - The WOODOXtm
is the first patented tool of its kind on the
market. One of the most unique woodsplitting tools available, it quarters a log
with remarkable proficiency and ease. This tool eliminates a larger amount of
wasted effort and brings a high degree of safety to woodsplitting.
We are very sorry that the 4-Way
Splitters will not be available until November. Please stay tuned!
$4.95 (free S&H)
3-Way Splitter - This tool provides larger split pieces of wood and is ideal for smaller logs.
Replacement Tip Kit -
We are very sorry that the 4-Way Splitters will not be available until November. Please stay tuned!
$4.95 (free S&H)
** Shipping and Handling
is a flat $12.35 within the Continental U.S. only.
For shipping elsewhere or for more information, please contact us directly by clicking here.
Please allow 3 weeks for delivery.
The development of the WOODOXtm was
prompted after many arduous hours of splitting wood. The conventional methods
using an ax, maul, sledge and wedges are laborious, exhausting and dangerous.
Now much of the drudgery can be eliminated by using the revolutionary new WOODOXtm
The WOODOXtm is the most unique hand tool of its kind. It will quarter a log with astonishing ease. You may, upon becoming proficient at using this fantastic tool, be able to reduce the time it takes to quarter a log by as much as 66% over similar conventional methods. It is the safest, quickest and easiest method ever invented to manually quarter a log.
Simple to use: Just place the splitter in the middle of the end of a log. Set it by tapping it firmly two or three times with your sledge or maul. Then strike the splitter with a few hearty blows and you will be amazed! You will want to do it again.......and again.......and again!
CAUTION: This tool is made of a
hardened metal alloy that has been tested under extreme conditions. It is not
indestructible! Whenever using this tool, wear protective
eye covering to guard against potential eye injury.
Splitting logs for firewood is manually exerting work. BE SURE YOUR PHYSICAL CONDITION ALLOWS YOU TO SAFELY EXERT YOURSELF. Do not use if you have a history of heart problems, back strains, muscle pulls or similar physical problems.
IMPORTANT HELPFUL HINTS
1. Make sure your log is as flat as possible on both
2. Place log on a short chopping block (see instructions below).
3. The WOODOXtm is designed to work best on straight grained woods that are freshly cut or slightly aged.*
4. The WOODOXtm works best on logs under 18" long and a diameter under 18".
5. Place splitter blades in as many wood cracks as possible.
6. Place blade between knots whenever possible.
7. When cutting wood for splitting, cut the large knots out of the tree trunks and limbs. Don't waste time trying to split them. It is a foolish effort! Use your chain saw if they are too big to burn as cut.
8. Use a minimum eight (8) pound maul or hammer for the striking implement.
9. Make sure that the face of the striking implement is flat. A rounded head may cause damage to the surface of the splitter.
10. At first, use the WOODOXtm on small logs 6-8" in diameter to develop hand-eye coordination and the ability to hit the WOODOXtm at its center. Strength and technique will then determine how large a log you will be able to split. Don't underestimate or overestimate your ability. Be realistic!
11. It is as important to hit the WOODOXtm flatly as it is squarely.
12. If you have more than 3 knots in a log, you did not cut your wood correctly ---- and that's your fault!
13. Make sure the tool is firmly placed onto the log before taking full swings.
14. Never place the WOODOXtm in a core knot or the crotch of a tree that has been cut to log length.
CARE OF SPLITTER
1. Finish will wear off after use. Keep splitter well
oiled or repaint as needed to prevent rust.
2. The splitter blades should be filed from time to time to keep an adequate edge. They do not have to be razor sharp.
3. Never store splitter in a high place. It could fall and cause injury or damage.
1. Never allow anyone to hold the splitter when
2. Do not hit flanks of splitter with striking implement.
LOG SUPPORT DEVICE
The use of this device is important for best use of the
WOODOXtm 4-way splitter. Simply place the tube provided over
either end of the 2-point piece. Place off center in a short chopping block
(6-8" high) and pound it into the block until the collar is flush with the wood.
Now place all wood on top of the log support device. NOTE: When not splitting
wood, for safety turn the chopping block over or place a piece of wood on the
*We advise not to split elm, gum or
sycamore with this tool unless under 12" long!
** Shipping and Handling is a flat $12.35 within the Continental U.S. only. For shipping elsewhere or for more information, please contact us directly by clicking here.
BabiesRUs Online Coupons